We've spent the last week nurturing Sophia back to good health. She has scars, but she sings once more! And so beautifully! Some wood glue to hold her bridge in place. Some duct tape for her cracks and splits. Some shiny new brass strings. She is truly beautiful. A guitar that screams wisdom.
She was born in Valencia. I am unsure of her exact age. Her body does not shine, it is coarse and dull. Her tuning pins are bent and unstable. Her frets are rusted. But me and her, we have plans man! I'm going to cover her with newspaper clippings and business cards. I will coat her in modge podge and give her a shine that suits her! Someday, I will paint her fret boards like a rainbow - she will be fit for Chueca!
After much struggle, I managed to string her last night. Two of the tuning pins don't hold the string properly if you twist them away from the bridge (as your supposed to!) so I had to tune them backwards. She is quite the Frankenstein! But I love her. She sounds so, so beautiful.
This is short, I know! But I will update more soon! And with pictures!!!
love jon jon


4 comments:
I've heard that modge podge is good for acoustics... this could be a rumor.
Oh Sofia, Sofia, Sofia.
Miss you baby <3
I still think about you every day <3 <3 <3
Post a Comment